Trip Planning Made Easier This Summer
Enjoy your summer — take a trip, but don’t forget to plan ahead!
The best way to enjoy your Summertime trip is to make sure you plan ahead, pack accordingly, reserve the best services, and leave your worries at home. It is advisable to leave last minute weekenders or overnights to impromptu decisions, as when you are investing time and money into a vacation or summer trip you want it to be the best experience!
Below is a list that can assist in reducing your stress and make it the best trip ever:
- Pack Light. You are on vacation and laundry is just not a choice when you are trying to relax. And you won’t have to worry about overweight fees.
- Driving During Off Peak. If your trip involves driving to sightsee, find out from locals when the best time to travel is to avoid wasting time in the car.
- Medicine for the Road. Make sure you have plenty of your prescription medicine and also over the counter medicine to prevent health issues during your trips.
- Snacks. Pack some healthy ones but make sure nuts are sealed as you might spend some time with folks with allergies.
- Keep a Copy. Make a copy of your passports, licenses, and insurance cards and leave one at home and pack the other one in your suitcase. If you lose the actual one you will be glad you did.
- Sign Up. Sign up for travel apps as they will make your life a whole lot easier with less paper to keep track off.
- Insurance Coverage. Check your auto insurance for rental car coverage and health insurance for out of state or country coverage. HINT: American Express provides insurance coverage for rental cars if you purchase with your AMEX card.
Don’t forget about the homestead. Remember to make sure your details are at home are addressed so you can relax on your trips.
- Stop the paper and mail or have a neighbor gather them for you.
- Let your local police know that you will not be home and to keep an eye on your house.
- Also, give your neighbors a list of the vehicles that should be at your home.
- If you are leaving your pet at home and asking others to feed and water them. Have a backup plan in case they cannot attend to your animal.
- Unplug your electronics as thunderstorms can damage your items if there are power surges.
- Automatic lights are helpful to give the appearance that someone is at home.
Finally, it is important to remember you are heading on an adventure and part of the excitement of it is discovering the unknown. Although, you don’t need any big surprises. Make sure you are hiring reputable companies that have experience in their field of service.
Of course, we would be remiss if we did not remind you that one of the best ways to start your trip is to have one of our Accent chauffeurs pick you up at your doorstep and drop you at the airport. No parking fees, your car is at home to help with security, no shuttle buses with your luggage and when you come home we will be there to greet you, gather your things, and deliver you to your favorite place in the world…HOME!
Safe and Happy Travels on your summer trip!