Business travel doesn’t have to be stressful!
Business travel vs. pleasure travel — whether it’s a relaxing vacation on the beach or a fun get-a-way with your family there is a difference. Traveling for work can be busy, stressful, lonely, long, and not always easy. We came across this article that offered Tips for Easier Business Travel.
Sleeping on planes, packing constantly for trips and staying glued to your phone can derail your routine and make you grumpy. Keeping a positive attitude is the first step to a stress-free travel experience. And acknowledge helpful staff. Travelers have a better chance at getting upgrades, itinerary changes, and extraordinary service when they ask politely and maintain happy demeanors.
Here are a few practical ways to make traveling for business easier:
- Limit Luggage to a Carry-on. Travel is stressful when you’re worried about lost luggage or being late to a meeting.
- Use Technology to Plan Ahead. Instead of calling around to restaurants at your destination, make reservations at OpenTable.com.
- Join a Rewards Program and Stick With It. If the staff notices you frequently patronize their airline, rental-car company or hotel, they are more likely to help you.
- Dress Well. Wearing an outfit that doubles as presentation attire while traveling is also wise in case your baggage is lost or you are late.
- Keep a Bag Packed. Save time packing by keeping a carry-on suitcase packed with the minimal amount of clothing, shoes, and accessories you need. Including 3-ounce toiletries in a Ziploc bag.
- Keep Customer-Service Numbers Stored in Your Phone. Keeping customer-service numbers handy offers quicker access to the right people. If a flight is canceled or you need to change a hotel or car reservation, rather than waiting in line once you’re there.
To read the full article from Travel Channel, click here.
To make your trip even easier, always count on Accent Transportation Services. We offer prompt and courteous pickup at the baggage claim area at Detroit Metro Airport (DTW). Also, to and from your home or office. Making it the easiest part of your business trip!
Our seasoned staff chauffeurs take both your comfort and your safety seriously, therefore making your travel as pleasurable as possible. From booking a reservation to reaching your final destination, we strive to ensure that your every interaction with our staff is pleasant and accommodating.
With our Airport Transportation services, you will ride in comfort, style, and stress-free.
Contact us today to make your reservation.